Days out > School Groups
The Suffolk Punch Trust is an ideal place for school groups to enjoy a stimulating and educational day out. Children learn a great deal from experiencing farming and rural life in days gone by and how it relates to today.
We actively encourage visits from London's inner city schools, where students may have limited access or experience of the countryside, as well as trips by more schools.
A visit normally lasts from 9.30 – 13.30.
- Short history of the Suffolk Punch and his horseman and introduction to the working life of a Suffolk horseman. Tour of the Museum to illustrate key points and involve students with a Q & A throughout.
- Tractor-trailer ride / walk round stables to meet the horses.The group is divided into two, with half going for tractor trailer ride round the farm's short track, alternating with a walk to the stables to meet the horses and a Q & A session in the Wagon and Implement Barn.
- A lesson on "How to safely meet a dog you don't know" by dog trainer Margo Brothwell and her award winning dog Ryan.
- Lunchtime - groups usually bring a picnic - then have a run about on the grass and play on the activity playground.
- Depart for your return journey.
The students have tasks to complete while at the Stud relating to a project they are learning about during the term.
BOOK A VISIT FOR A SCHOOL PARTY
To arrange or find out more, contact 01394 411327 or E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org