Things to see & do > Cafe
Relax and enjoy our home-cooked food with a lovely view looking out towards the stables. We also have an outdoor terrace and picnic area to sit on sunnier days.
Fresh homemade food
All the food is freshly made each day by Judith Vaudrey, who runs the popular local store in the nearby village of Alderton.
Since opening in 2012, the cafe has become a firm favourite with locals as a great place to eat lunch and have afternoon tea in Suffolk.
Specials, light lunches & salads plus a hot dish of the day are served daily.
Popular items from the cafe menu:
- Homemade soup with bap - £3.50
- Ploughmans lunch - £5.50
- Seasonal homemade quiche with potato salad and mixed salad - £5.50
- Homemade jumbo sausage roll with red onion marmalade – £2.50
- A selection of baps - £3.50
- Selection of home-baked cakes and scones from - £1.95
- Delicious cream teas - £4.00
We also now have a licence to sell wines, beer and cider.
Try great local produce from Suffolk
We're keen to use as many ingredients sourced from Suffolk as we can, including:
- Pork from Dingly Dell in Campsea Ashe (close to Wickham Market)
- Sauces, pickles and marmalades from Scarlett and Mustard
- Wines and beers from Adnams of Southwold
- Aspall Cyder made in nearby Debenham
- Marybelle Milk
Opening times & entry
The same as the Trust - see our general opening hours. You don't need to pay the entry fee if just visiting the café so eat with us as often as you like!
Special dietary requirements can be catered for - just call to give us notice a day ahead