Things to see & do > Guided Tours
We always welcome coach parties and groups to the Trust on pre-arranged visits. We offer a guided tour and can also arrange group activities upon request.
A typical tour takes 1-2 hours, depending on requirements and size of the group.
Morning tours typically start at 10.30/11.00am and afternoon tours at 2.00/2.30pm.
The tour includes:
- Short welcome talk about the Colony Stud and Suffolk Punch horses (before dividing into smaller groups, each with a guide)
- Wagon ride round the farm
- Tour of the harness room and stables
- Visit to the Implement barn with its drays, wagons, parade vehicles and horse-drawn farming equipment
- Time to explore the Museum with its historical displays of rural Suffolk life
- Opportunity to view our beautiful horses at close quarters
- Use of a meeting room if required. At the end of your guided tour, you are welcome stay on at the Trust and re-visit any areas of interest at your leisure. Our café is very popular with coach parties and group visitors. You can pre-book lunch or drinks and cake to enjoy during your visit.
Please contact us for menu choices the Café can offer.
Alternatively you may want to bring a picnic to enjoy on the tables outside the visitor centre (some under a canopy) with good views of the fields and grazing horses.
Costs for group tours
£9.00 each for a tour without the wagon ride
£12.00 per person for the full guided tour
If the group is over 20 people, we won't take any other bookings, to give you space and our full attention. We also try to meet special requests as best we can on a working Stud Farm.
Group size and special requests
TO BOOK A GROUP VISIT OR FIND OUT MORE - contact Julia Vinson on 01394 411327 / 07795 245 540 or email@example.com